Managing this program is easy! Here are 8 tips for success.
1) Please open all of our emails.
- Opening these triggers our automated system to ensure timely responses, shipments, awards, tax deductions, and more
2) Assemble every bin right away to save time.
- Start by assembling the BOTTOM and then the TOP. Each bin takes about a minute to assemble.
3) Place bins directly on every indoor tennis court.
- Courtside bins fill up 5-10 times faster than if placed elsewhere. For outdoor courts, place bins in a sheltered area near courts.
- Outdoor bins and bin enclosures are available to order at recycleballs.org
4) Always replace full bins with fresh ones immediately.
- We ship new bins when down to 5. Bring bins to the front desk or anywhere UPS delivers as soon as they are full.
- Every bin comes with a prepaid UPS label and will be picked up at no cost by UPS when they visit if you point to the bins.
- Optional: Feel free to tape the top and bottom of the bin when shipping.
- Typically bins are shipped within 60 days of the setup or the last bin shipment.
5) Promote this GREEN program with the included posters!
- Make recycling visible by displaying the included signage..
- Help us publicize this. Snap a picture of your bin(s) and post to social media – tag #recycleballs
6) Recycling can be PROFITABLE.
- We cannot legally recommend a value. Some facilities are claiming $.40 per ball donated. 10K tennis balls a year is a $4K tax benefit!
7) Support our shared mission by self-sponsoring or acquiring a local sponsor for a year. (if not already sponsored)
- This $600 tax-deductible donation comes with perks including an 11×14 customized “Thank You” plaque that is displayed for a year.
8) Champion this.
- The single largest success factor of this program is a dedicated CHAMPION who is managing this – about 10 mins a week.
On behalf of our organization and amazing partners, We want to thank you for being a part of this fast-growing pioneering network and making a difference in your community.