Who are you?
RecycleBalls is an innovative, youth driven 501 (c) 3 nonprofit organization with a mission to recycle every tennis ball in the United States! We began in Vermont in 2014 and the tremendous success of our pilot programs has allowed us to expand nationwide and help individuals and facilities leverage the lessons we’ve learned in adopting these proven processes.
What makes you different?
We’re not your typical nonprofit. We’re applying best practices from manufacturing and distribution to achieve our goals quickly and efficiently. The nature of our mission combined with our love for the great game of tennis means that people of every age want to get involved. A growing network of partners and individuals are spearheading a first-of-its-kind positive change for U.S. tennis in 2017 by their example and are ensuring that tennis in the U.S. will become a green sport.
A national message to improve tennis:
1. A fast growing network of partners and tennis players in 25 states is inspiring a shared message nationwide to recycle all tennis balls in the U.S.
A collection solution:
1. We are the first organization in U.S. tennis history that has a sustainable and scalable collection solution for all played tennis balls in this country. The program has been rolled out to over 70 facilities since it was launched nationally in the spring of 2017.
2. Our patented no-cost QUICKSHIP bin/program is the simplest way for individuals and facilities around the nation to recycle tennis balls. Not only does the program provide pre-paid shipping but in addition provides a tax donation for every ball donated.
A recycling solution:
1. We created RecycleBalls Green Gold in 2017. This unique crumb rubber product, made from tennis balls, can be easily incorporated in many existing processes and effectively allows the recycling of every tennis ball donated.
2. This rubber product was the result of developing a process that removes 99% of the felt from tennis balls in a cost-effective manner.
3. The first products made with RecycleBalls Green Gold where created this year with new strategic partners. Our intention is to recycle all donated balls towards green solutions and products that could potentially improve lives.